Sunday, May 22, 2011

Double Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies

Yum
We are having dinner tomorrow night at our friends' house, so a volunteered to bring dessert.  I asked my boys what they thought I should bring and they both shouted peanut butter chocolate chip cookies!  Good thing I was already planning on making those, obviously I know what my boys' favorite is. :)  Well, as I was making these cookies, I had the thought that maybe this new incredible chocolate hazelnut butter that I had, would work in the recipe.  I didn't want to use it all, because what if it didn't work, and besides, I was enjoying eating it out of the jar with a spoon...so I halved the recipe, and it still made quite a few cookies.  The hazelnut butter is thiner than the peanut butter, so I increased the flour by a little.  So, here's the modified recipe and my latest addition to our cookie collection:



Double Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies

1/4 cup (1/2 stick) dairy-free margarine, softened
1/4 cup shortening
1/2 cup Justin's Chocolate Hazelnut Butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
1 1/2 cups gluten-free flour blend
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup chocolate chips

1. Heat oven to 375 degrees. In a large mixing bowl, cream margarine, shortening, hazelnut butter, and sugars.  Add egg and mix well.
2. In a separate bowl, stir together flour blend, baking soda, baking powder, and salt; add to butter mixture and mix well.  Stir in chocolate chips.  Drop by rounded teaspoons onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
3. Bake 8-10 minutes or until lightly brown on edges and just set in middle.  Cool slightly on cookie sheet before removing and placing on wire rack.

This post is featured on The Gluten-Free Homemaker's Gluten-Free Wednesdays and Simply Sugar and Gluten Free's Slightly Indulgent Tuesdays.

No comments:

Post a Comment