Thursday, September 16, 2010

Banana Bread/Muffins

Yum
I was really on a muffin kick tonight.  We tend to eat breakfast for dinner about once a week, and there were a few muffin recipes that I wanted to try (and of course freeze, so we would have them on hand)...so tonight dinner was muffins, along with sausage and eggs. Here's a fantastic recipe for banana bread or muffins from my friend's blog.  I made most of them with chocolate chips for the little ones, but kept a few without for me. I also have the recipe below:

Banana Bread or Muffins

Combine in a bowl:
4 mashed medium bananas
1/3 C oil
1 C brown sugar 
2 tsp vanilla

Stir together in a separate bowl:
2/3 C gluten free oat flour (or brown rice flour, if you don't have oat flour)
1/3 C brown rice flour
1/3 C potato starch
1/6 C tapioca starch
2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp Ener-g egg replacer
2 tbsp corn starch
1/2 tsp xanthan gum
1/4 tsp salt

Optional: chocolate chips

Slowly mix dry ingredients into liquid mixture.

Spoon batter into lined or greased muffin tins or bread pan and bake for 20-25 minutes for muffins or 60 minutes for bread.

Makes 18 muffins. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment