Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Peanut Butter Cookies

Yum
The boys had a friend over this evening, and I should have taken that free time and cleaned the house, but instead I made cookies.  My excuse is that I'm making them to freeze and have on hand for my little one to take to day care and also for the girls at church who are gluten-free/casein-free...I found the recipe at www.gfutah.org and just like with the snickerdoodle recipe, I didn't have the preblended flour, so I modified their recipe below taking that into account.

Peanut Butter Cookies

1 C brown rice flour
1/3 C potato starch
1/6 C tapioca starch
1 tsp xanthan gum
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 C creamy peanut butter
1/2 C shortening
1 C packed brown sugar
1/2 C sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla

Sugar

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 375F.  In medium bowl combine flours, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside
2. In large bowl with mixer at medium speed, beat peanut butter and shortening until smooth.  Beat in sugars until blended.  Add eggs and vanilla.  Add flour mixture, mix until well blended.
3. Shape dough into 1-inch balls and roll in sugar.  Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.  Flatten with fork, making crisscross pattern.
4.  Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned.  Remove, cool completely on wire rack.  Store in tightly-covered container.

Makes: 4-5 dozen cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment