So, from the previous post you know I made fish tacos, well, I used the extra tilapia fillets to make fish sticks for my little one to eat at day care tomorrow (since that's on the menu). I basically modified the chicken nugget recipe, but it seemed to work, it definitely tastes a lot better than store bought fish sticks.
1/4 c gluten-free corn flakes crumbs
1/8 c brown rice flour + a little extra for fish
1/4 tsp thyme
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp salt or seasoning salt
pepper to taste
2-4 tilapia fillets, cooked.
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees, grease a cookie sheet. Mix egg in a small bowl and set aside.
2. In another small bowl, mix together corn flakes or bread crumbs, flour, thyme, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Pour about 1/3 of the mixture on the edge of a plate.
3. Flake fish into tiny pieces and place in a bowl, add a little bit of the mixed egg and some flour and mash together until it binds well together.
4. Shape fish into finger-sized sticks. Roll in flour mixture on the plate.
5. Take each "floured" stick and dip it in the egg, then roll it in the bowl with the rest of the breading and place it on the cookie sheet.
6. Cook nuggets for 12-14 minutes, turning halfway through.