Saturday, September 11, 2010

Pizza + Gluten Free Bisquick -- Review

Yum
So, tonight was one of those nights I really didn't feel like cooking...and if I could have I probably would have ordered pizza.  But, I really didn't want a double whammy from eating both gluten and cheese, so I pulled out the box of gluten-free bisquick that I bought the other day at Macey's (by the way, it's not with the gluten-free foods, it's by the other Bisquick boxes...go figure).  On the box was a recipe for pizza crust, so I thought I'd give it a shot.  I topped it with this pizza sauce, cheese over 3/4 of it and on my section tomatoes and mushrooms (since I can't have cheese).

It turned out pretty good...it's more like a pie crust, than a pizza crust, but it was tasty.  I think the gluten-free family members liked it best.  My husband only ate one piece, and my older son had to be forced to try it (he ended up eating about 3 bites), while I ate 2 pieces and my 2 year old ate his entire piece.  So, the verdict is mixed...but if you're gluten-free, you'll probably just be happy eating pizza, so you'll enjoy it. :)


I do like the taste of the crust...no strange tastes or textures with it, it really was pleasant to eat. I will review it again as I test it in different recipes.

Rating: 7 out of 10  I really enjoyed it, the mix made life a little easier (meaning, I didn't have to measure quite so many flours) and I got my 2 year old to eat something (but couldn't get my 5 year old on board with it).  I would make it again for at least the gluten-free family members.

No comments:

Post a Comment