Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Meatballs

Yum
So, my sitter informed me yesterday that they are having meatballs today...wasn't on the schedule, but luckily I had some breadcrumbs in the freezer, so I whipped up a quick batch and they turned out pretty dang good.  I make my own breadcrumbs, using my bread, once it starts going stale, I cube it and stick it in the blender to make crumbs.  I store mine in the freezer for when I need them, and now my meatballs are in the freezer until I need them as well. :)



Meatballs

1 lb hamburger
3/4 cup soft breadcrumbs
2 tablespoons finely chopped green peppers
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
1 egg
1/4 teaspoon oregano
1/4 teaspoon salt

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

2. Combine all ingredients and form into 1" balls and place on cookie sheet.  Bake for 15-20 minutes.

2 comments:

  1. what kind of breadcrumbs are you recommending here since people with Celiac disease cannot eat flour and wheat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use gluten-free bread, either homemade or Udi's, pulse it in a food processor for a few seconds to make the crumbs.

    ReplyDelete